Do you want to get involved in The District and support local businesses, community events, and economic vitality of our historic downtown? The District’s Diplomat program would love to have you!
Please review the information below for information about the Program.
To sign up, contact The District office at 217-228-8696 or reach out to another Diplomat and they’ll get you in touch with us!
You may also email Emily Lombardi, Director of Economic Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The District is an organization that reaches from State St to Broadway and from Front Street to 12th St. As a primarily volunteer-run organization, we look for leaders to assist us in the continued revitalization of downtown Quincy.
As we have for the last 40 years, we want to continue to make Quincy a place that is inviting and thriving through downtown development!
The District has created an exciting program you have the opportunity to join!
We are looking for outgoing volunteers to join our ranks and help keep downtown Quincy growing. Each year, The District puts on numerous popular events, meaning there are always ways to get involved!
What does a District Diplomat do?
The District Diplomats serve as liaisons for The District and help keep communication and enthusiasm flowing between The District and community partners.
Volunteers will help in a variety of functions to strengthen the organization while having FUN.
District Diplomats Annual Requirements:
- Annual Registration Fee of $75 (fee used to cover cost of food at monthly gatherings);
- Attend a minimum of 6 monthly District Diplomat Meetings;
- Assist with New Business, Recruiting and other recognitions;
- Report other New Businesses or other issues to the District office;
- Volunteer for committees or other District functions, when available
- Examples of District Committees/functions include but are not limited to: Q-FEST Street Concert, Blues in the District, Light the Park, Christkindl Market, Concerts in the Plaza, Quincy Farmers Market, and so much more!
- Volunteer a minimum of 10 hours at District events or for District Promotions in a calendar year
- In a positive manner, help to promote and support District news, projects and events whenever possible
Perks of being a District Diplomat:
- Many networking opportunities throughout the year
- Lunch provided at a monthly meeting
- Specials and opportunities available only to District Diplomats
- Opportunities to help your community and the District
2022 Diplomat Gathering Dates:
The District Diplomats meet monthly on the 2nd Wednesday of the month. In 2022, we adopted an alternating Noon and Happy Hour schedule each month.
Diplomats are sent reminder emails prior to each event and meals/drinks are included as part of your membership!
- Wednesday, January 5, 2022 – Noon (Tiramisu)
- Wednesday, February 9, 2022 – Noon (Thyme Square Café)
- Wednesday, March 9, 2022 – 5:30 PM (Reverly)
- Wednesday, April 13, 2022 – Noon (Krazy Cakes Cafe)
- Wednesday, May 11, 2022 – 5:30 PM (Location TBD)
- Wednesday, June 8, 2022 – Noon (Location TBD)
- Wednesday, July 13, 2022 – 5:30 PM (Location TBD)
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022 – Noon (Location TBD)
- Wednesday, September 14, 2022 – 5:30 PM (Location TBD)
- Wednesday, October 12, 2022 – Noon (Location TBD)
- Wednesday, November 9, 2022 – 5:30 PM (Location TBD)
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022 – Noon (Location TBD)
We hope you will be a part of this great new group. As always, thank you for your continued support of our historic downtown!